John G. Webster (Editor) 's 33.Magnetics PDF

By John G. Webster (Editor)

Show description

Read Online or Download 33.Magnetics PDF

Best electricity and magnetism books

Download e-book for kindle: Magnetic Phenomena by Arlene P. Maclin, Tepper L. Gill, Woodford W. Zachary

The booklet starts off with a private tribute to Warren E. Henry and a reprint of 1 of his influential papers from actual evaluate. the subsequent complaints supply a accomplished view of modern examine related to magnetism, together with issues from theoretical and experimental views. Contributions comprise papers at the theoretical dating among magnetic phenomena and superconductivity, a brand new category of magnetic fabrics produced via molecular beam epitaxy, non-linear phenomena in magnetization fields, quantum chaos in magnetic phenomena, and magnetic units and anisotropy.

New PDF release: Time Domain Electromagnetics

Time area Electromagnetics is the 1st ebook dedicated completely to describing specific insurance of established time area tools. This publication is the correct reference for the starting to be variety of expert engineers and scholars attracted to direct time area tools utilized in calculating electromagnetic scattering/interaction phenomena.

Download e-book for kindle: Scanning Force Microscopy With Applications to Electric by Dror Sarid

Given that its invention in 1982, scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) has enabled clients to acquire pictures reflecting floor digital constitution with atomic answer. This expertise has proved fundamental as a characterization software with functions in floor physics, chemistry, fabrics technological know-how, bio-science, and knowledge garage media.

Read e-book online Spin Dependent Transport in Magnetic Nanostructures PDF

In magnetic platforms of nano-meter measurement, the interaction among spin and cost of electrons offers specified shipping phenomena. In magnetic superlattices, magnetic and non-magnetic steel skinny motion pictures with thickness of the order of 1 nano-meter are piled-up alternately.
This publication introduces and explains the elemental physics and purposes of a number of spin-dependent delivery phenomena in magnetic nanostructures with specific emphasis on magnetic multilayers and magnetic tunnel junctions.

Extra info for 33.Magnetics

Example text

J. Moses Effect of stresses on magnetic properties of siliconiron laminations. J. Mat. , 9: 217–222, 1974. 14. A. J. Moses P. S. Phillips Some effect of stress in Goss-oriented silicon iron, IEEE Trans. , 14: 353–355, 1978. 15. D. A. Ball H. O. Lorch An improved thermometric method of measuring local power dissipation, J. Sci. , 42: 90–93, 1965. 16. J. J. Dalton J. Liu A. J. Moses D. H. Horrocks A. Basak A virtual instrumentation based magnetic test system. Studies in Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics, 10: 792–795, 1996.

1) is based. The hysteresis loss accounts for 30% to 50% of the loss of low silicon steel, the classical eddy current loss accounts for 40% to 60%, and the excess eddy current loss accounts for 10% to 20% of the total loss. In higher silicon steels the hysteresis loss is proportionately larger (50% to 70%) because the classical eddy current loss decreases (20% to 30%) due to the increased resistivity. The excess eddy current loss remains around the same proportion. Much of the cause of the anomalous loss can be understood by considering a grain oriented steel with 180◦ bar domains as in Fig.

Soon afterward, the reflectivity of compact, wideband absorbers was measured directly with large test fixtures (8–11). To achieve small reflectivities over the entire 30 to 1000 MHz frequency range, compact wideband absorbers must use tapered structures (like pyramids or wedges) that not only operate at frequencies where they are electrically thick, but at the frequencies where they are electrically thin. When an incident wave encounters electrically thin absorbers, it does not ‘‘see’’ the fine structure of the pyramids or wedges.

Download PDF sample

33.Magnetics by John G. Webster (Editor)


by Kevin
4.1

Rated 4.51 of 5 – based on 6 votes